Role: Availability and Capacity management
Role Details– Minimum of 7+ years of automotive manufacturing experience orrelevant IT implementation experience as Support Person /domain/business consultantwith Automotive Manufacturing.
|Location||Preferably in Pune/Bangalore but open to other locations across India.|
|Domain skill requirement||Availability and Capacity management,ITIL Framework, SIAM, Manufacturing Domain etc.|
|Overall Experience||7+ years|
- Infrastructure Capacity and Availability Planning
- Produce a capacity plan that covers current use, forecasted needs, and support costs for new applications/releases
- Build the annual infrastructure growth plan with input from other teams
- Perform and execute Capacity Management processes and procedures, as and when necessary
- Deep experience with performance tuning in on-prem & cloud environment
- Ability to comfortably lead technical demo sessions to peers and leadership
- Expert knowledge of Linux CPU/Memory, Compute etc., how multiple nodes work
- If workload increases, find the impact on CPU / Memory on the Linux
- Understand the current process with help of all the stakeholders and map it to best industry standards and produce a template to share with application teams.
- Build and automate the steps (how we do it, need to understand the tools and process)
- Experience architecting, implementing, and managing monitoring solutions for production cloud/On-prem environments
Analysis existing Capacity and Availability requirements during service transition and provide recommendations to customer
- Define availability/Capacity process and methodology to be followed for all the availability/Capacity requirements
- Capacity/Availability Manager ensures that the process is appropriately integrated with all aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Define the Capacity threshold and baselines.
- Define Capacity/Availability Management related touchpoint in ITSM Processes.
- Define Capacity/Availability Management related reporting in ServiceNow.
- To consider Compliance, security requirements as per organization standards while developing the Availability/Capacity plan
- Design for Availability and reliability so as the application and all the components consistently perform according to its specifications to achieve the agreed availability.
- Is both technically and business wise versatile in communicating availability related topics.
- Need to understand the cost aspects of Availability/Capacity Management thoroughly
- Responsible for Capacity/Availability Plan development and management.
- Work on the implementation of Capacity/Availability plan and publish the finalized plan for approval.
- Ensure adequate performance and capacity for all IT services.
- Delegate responsibility for performance and capacity monitoring and alerting tasks.
- Deep experience with performance tuning
- Experience implementing and managing monitoring solutions
- Knowledge & demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and practice
Good to have skills:
- Technical understanding on how infrastructure has been set up
- Any relevant certification will be an added advantage – ITIL expert, SIAM, Six Sigma/Technical certifications
- Technical knowledge on Infra, networking, storage, cloud, database
A professional and mature individual displaying the following behaviors:
- Able to build effective and sustainable relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with stakeholder and product managers
- Has a great love to math and numbers
Secondary skills (not compulsory)
- Global exposure to a multi-cultural organization structure
- Preferably should have an exposure to outsourcing and offshoring work models
- E./B. Tech – Computer Science, Information technology, Mechanical, Electronicsetc. or any other equivalent degree
- PGDM/MBA – IT, Systems, Operationsetc. (Good to have)