Role: Vendor Manager For IT implementation in Automotive manufacturing
Role Details– Minimum of 7+ years of automotive manufacturing experience orrelevant IT implementation experience as Support Person /domain/business consultantwith AutomotiveManufacturing .
|Location||Preferably in Punebut open to other locations across India.
Ready to travel abroad to customer location in Ireland
|Domain skill requirement||Vendor Management,ITIL Framework, SIAM, Manufacturing Domain etc.|
|Role||Senior Consultant /Lead Consultant|
|Overall Experience||7 to 11+years experience|
Description: Vendor managers are employed by companies to manage vendor activities and maintain both new and existing vendor relationships. They identify suitable vendors, negotiate with vendors to secure the best prices for products and services, and ensure that vendors fulfill their contractual obligations.
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors.
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Continually monitoring sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others.
- Implementing vendor selection programs to ensure that the best vendors are secured.
- Conducting interviews with new vendors and informing approved vendors of their responsibilities and obligations.
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance of approved vendors.
- Evaluating current vendor management programs and identifying ways to improve them.
- Monitoring vendors to ensure compliance with company policies and informing new vendors of their responsibilities.
- You should also be able to cancel vendor contracts should company vendors fail to perform adequately.
- Should be detail-oriented and adept at negotiating vendor contracts. Ultimately, an outstanding vendor manager should be able to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
Good to have skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, marketing, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience working as a vendor manager.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to travel for work.
- The ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong negotiation, management, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Secondary skills (not compulsory)
- Global exposure to a multi-cultural organization structure
- Preferably should have an exposure to outsourcing and offshoring work models
- E./B. Tech – Computer Science, Information technology, Mechanical, Electronicsetc. or any other equivalent degree
- PGDM/MBA – IT, Systems, Operationsetc. (Good to have)